The Sarada Krishna Homoeopathic Medical College delivers its services not
only to those who are visiting the Collegiate Hospital but also to those in
The institution takes up its social responsibility actively towards the
neighbourhood community, thereby it has been organising number of extension
activities for the cause of community through various outreach programmes
ranging from invited talk, awareness programmes, rallies, distribution of
pamphlets, street plays and other folks, medical camps, health survey,
distribution of medicines etc. The annual and regular health programmes
identified by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Indian Council for
Medical Research (ICMR) observed both in and out of the campus. We actively
participates in national health survey, preventive mechanism and reaching
medical services to the remote and hilly places to weaker and isolated section
of the society.
The following are some of the programmes organised by the institution:
- Swatch Bharath is practiced in our campus; awareness programmes are conducted
and actively participated with cleaning programmes in nearby villages jointly with district administration.
- Adoption of village under Swatch Bharath Summer Internship
- Awareness programmes are arranged on behalf of Community Medicine,
rallies, distribution of pamphlets and medical camps are organized.
- AIDS prevention and Blood Donation programmes are organized jointly
with State Government Health Donation Department, in which donation of blood
by the staff and students.
- Awareness programmes on Health, Sanitation and need for nutritious
and balance diet are arranged.
- Awareness programmes on water-borne and air- borne communicable
diseases are arranged
- Training and awareness programmes to parents, teachers and
administrators on Learning disability, school health programmes and school
health education are provided.
- Awareness programmes on Chunguniya, Dengue fevel are arranged in
nearby villages and in remote and hilly places.
- 27 peripheral centers in the length and breadth of the district, in
which patient care is given in different areas like primary health care,
learning disability, mentally retarded, mental illness, and behavioural
- Extension activities are carried out in collaboration with different
religious, social and voluntary organisations like Malar Self-Help Group,
Seva Bharathi, Good Vision, and Pallium, Kulasekaram and government
agencies like Health and Education Departments.
- Health activities are carried out in all geographical locations
namely rural, urban, tribal places, coastal areas, and Tsunami affected
- All these extension activities helps the students to mingle and
share with social workers, school teachers, administrators, voluntary
organisations, health department and public for their holistic
- Undertaking UBA (Unnat Bharat Abhiyan) programmes for
transformational change in rural development through working with