Title of the Course
Doctor of Medicine in Homoeopathy - M.D. (Hom.) in 5 specialities.
- M.D. (Hom) Organon of Medicine with Homoeopathic Philosophy
- M.D. (Hom.) Materia Medica
- M.D (Hom.) Practice of Medicine
- M.D. (Hom.) Paediatrics
- M.D. (Hom.) Repertory
No. of Seats - Six per subject
Duration of the Course
The course shall be of 3 year's duration having two Parts I & II.
Part I is of 18 months duration, out of which the first 12 months shall be of compulsory house job. Part II consists of 18 months devoted to speciality subjects.
Minimum No. of Working days of the Course
Each Part of the course shall consist of not less than 340 working days.
Maximum Period for completion of the Course:
The maximum period allowed for completion of the course is double the duration of study of MD (Hom.) degree course as per University norms.
Commencement of the Course
The academic year for MD (Hom.) course shall commence from 1st June of the year.
Medium of Instruction
English shall be the medium of instruction for the course.
No. of seats in each speciality and Admission
Each speciality has 6 seats of which 3 ones are earmarked for Govt. quota which is filled by the candidates selected through entrance exam conducted by the State Government. Remaining 3 seats in each speciality are filled by the Management. One among each of the discipline belonging to management is earmarked for its faculty.
Eligibility for Admission
A Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery or an equivalent qualification in Homoeopathy included in the Second Schedule to the HCC Act, after undergoing a course of study of not less than five years and six months' duration including one year compulsory internship
A Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (Graded Degree) or an equivalent qualification in Homoeopathy included in the Second Schedule to the HCC Act after undergoing a course of study of not less than two years' duration.
Candidates who have passed BHMS degree course from other than the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University before seeking admission to Post Graduate MD (Hom.) course in any of the affiliated institutions shall obtain an Eligibility Certificate from the University by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form. It should be done before the cut - off date of admission on 31st May of every year.
Enrolment of Candidates
The candidates admitted provisionally shall apply to the University for Enrolment within 7 days from the date of admission in the prescribed form which will be down loaded from the University web-site along with the provisional admission card issued by the college / selection committee. Enrolment Certificate will be issued by the University for admission to MD (Hom.) course against a fee of Rs.125/- or that may be prescribed by the authorities of the University from time to time.
- A candidate admitted to the MD (Hom.) course in any of the affiliated institutions of The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, shall register with the University by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form for registration duly filled in by forwarding it to the Controller of Examinations of this University through the Head of the affiliated institution within 60 days from the cut-off date. The University Registration fee shall be paid by the candidate as prescribed by the University at the time of registration.
- Every candidate shall also be required to submit the following namely within 6 months from the cut-off date of admission or before the date notified by the University through proper channel
- Statement showing the name of the Guide / Supervisor (co-guide / Co-supervisor wherever necessary) for Thesis / Dissertation.
- Written consent of the Guide / Supervisor agreeing to supervise and guide.
- The topic of the thesis / dissertation approved by the Guide / Supervisor (A change in the topic shall be permissible at the discretion of the Guide / Supervisor)
- A synopsis containing particulars of proposed dissertation duly got approved by the Guide / Supervisor concerned.
Curriculum & Syllabus
The College scrupulously follows the curriculum and syllabus formulated by the University in strict conformity with the Regulations of the CCH.
The Examination shall be conducted in Two Parts, namely
- M.D. (Hom.) Part - I, which is to be held six months after completion of house job.
- M.D. (Hom.) Part - II, which is to be held on expiry of one year and six months
after Part I examination.
How and When to Apply
The application form and the Prospectus can be had from the office of the Principal, Sarada Krishna Homoeopathic Medical College, Kulasekharam on payment of Rs. 600/- in cash or Rs. 650/- by money order. The money order coupon should contain the full address of the applicant indicating the District and the State with Pincode along with the purpose, "cost of the Application for P.G. course", legibly written in the space provided for communication.
The application form and the prospectus may also be downloaded from the college website. The cost of the form and prospectus shall not be refunded.
The application form duly filled in by the candidate in his / her own handwriting together with true copies of the documents mentioned below should be sent by registered post to The Principal, Sarada Krishna Homoeopathic Medical College, Kulasekharam, Kanyakumari District, Tamil Nadu - 629 161 or submitted in person so as to reach the college office on or before 30th April 2011.
Those who have taken downloaded application form should enclose a Demand Draft for Rs.600/- being the cost of the same payable at Kulasekharam favouring The Principal. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Mode of Selection
Selection will be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
Interview for Selection
The candidates found eligible for the management seats shall be required for an interview at the College office, the time and date of which shall be intimated through a memo. At the time of interview, the candidate should bring the original certificates and testimonials as detailed below for verification. The Principal will publish the select list after the Interview.
Certificates and Testimonials
- S.S. L.C Book / Certificate of the equivalent qualification.
- Degree Certificate and Mark lists of BHMS / equivalent qualification.
- Medical Council Registration
- Eligibility Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Transfer Certificate.
- Three copies of recent passport size Photograph.
- Conduct Certificate from the Head of the institution in which he / she had last studied.